Rendel, part of the Ingérop Group, is an international, multidisciplinary design and engineering consultancy, headquartered in London with offices in Birmingham, Bristol and Sydney, Australia. We provide client-focused engineering and technical solutions on major engineering construction projects worldwide in the infrastructure, energy and industry sectors. Rendel’s origins date back to 1838, making us one of the oldest civil engineering consultants in the UK.
Our experience includes bridges, ground engineering, highways, ports, industry, energy, rail systems and tunnels. Our team is currently working on the design of major infrastructure schemes including High Speed Rail, Nuclear Power, Highways and Ports.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our highly qualified team in our Birmingham or London offices.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake assignments in the UK and overseas, as directed, supporting the delivery of high quality outputs
- Assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability within the skill area as may be required to deliver the service offerings targeted for in each market sector
- Adopt procedures for standardisation of work products and deliverables, and peer review to ensure consistency and excellence in service delivery of the Company’s technical work product
- Implement and adhere to Company procedures in the management, delivery and administration of Services
- Ability to identify appropriate opportunities and prioritise efforts in securing these opportunities to achieve targets
- Monitor time and budgets against assignment programme and agree appropriate actions where necessary
- Undertake other reasonable duties as requested
To be successful, you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering with a post graduate qualification in a geotechnically related subject from an accredited college or university
- Preferably UK chartered, or nearly chartered, in a relevant discipline
- Working knowledge of geotechnical and engineering geological processes and design, with a particular emphasis on data interpretation, design & analysis, construction and advanced numerical modelling
- Working knowledge of Eurocodes and other relevant national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies and procedures
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including deep and shallow foundations (vertical and lateral capacity, settlement), deep excavations, basements, retaining structures, earthworks, soil and rock slope engineering, ground improvement, seismicity and liquefaction and instrumentation and monitoring
- Ground investigation experience, including design, preparation of tender documents, supervision
- Excellent problem solving and design skills with ability to deliver practical solutions
- Exceptional team working skills to be able to contribute to and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams, but also has the capacity to work independently to a high standard, as the assignment nature dictates
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and benefits, including pension scheme, profit share scheme, private medical insurance, holiday purchase scheme, cycle to work scheme, group life insurance, group income protection, employee assistance programme
- We value work-life balance and we offer hybrid working
- Work with a diverse, friendly and resourceful team on interesting and challenging projects in the UK and internationally
- Continuing professional development - we strive to offer opportunities for training and growth, which is at the heart of our culture.
- An environment where the support and care for the wellbeing of our people is important to everyone
- Sports & Social Club which promotes good fellowship and healthy recreation amongst the Members and organises social events, games, sports, entertainment and other pastimes
- French lessons at beginner, intermediate and advanced level
At Rendel, we believe in creating a work environment of mutual trust, respect, diversity and inclusion.
If you would like the opportunity to work on exciting and technically challenging projects around the world in a supportive and friendly work environment, please Apply Now.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.