We have a vacancy within our Engineering Department and are currently recruiting for the role of a Manufacturing Engineer. We are looking for candidates who have relevant and proven experience seeking an opportunity to develop their skills and join a growing Organisation.
Develop robust manufacturing processes for a range of precision components including the following processes:
• Successfully manage NPI projects to deliver components on time and within budget. This will
• include holding regular project meetings maintaining minutes and actions
• Improve existing manufacturing processes to achieve measured productivity improvements.
• Generate and prove out CNC programs for a range of machining centres, including 4 & 5 axis machining centres.
• Generate and prove out CNC programs for a range of horizontal and vertical turning centres.
• Work directly with suppliers to ensure the latest innovations in fixtures & tooling are employed.
• Produce accurate Stage drawings for manufacturing operations.
• Produce detailed documentation, set up packs, SOP’s etc.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure all aspects of engineering projects are completed on time.
• Liaise directly with customer technical departments to resolve process related issues
• Utilise solid models using Catia V5, Solidworks and Vericut to produce and validate CNC programmes.
• Produce ‘Critical Part Plans’ in line with customer requirements.
• Preparation of cost estimates to support the acquisition of new business to include
• specifying process routes, standard hour content, material and sub-contract requirements.
• Support production with daily problem solving ensuring permanent solutions are put in place
• To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility
Although you may be required to use Catia V5, the primary Cad Cam system you will be using is Solidworks and SolidCam. Additional training will be given in this software.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Manufacturing Engineering environment.
• Educated to HNC level in an Engineering related discipline
• You must be an experienced Manufacturing Engineer from a strong CNC machining background and be fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques.
• You must be dynamic and enthusiastic.
• Experience of machining precision prismatic components.
• Experience of machining large precision turned components.
• You will have knowledge of CAD CAM systems with Solid Works and Catia being a distinct advantage.
• You will be required to implement methods that deliver robust manufacturing solutions for precision components made from a variety of materials.
• Understanding where process requirements such as Heat treatment and coatings are carried out to customer specifications is essential
• You must have strong project management skills with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
• You will have experience of working with Critical Parts, complying to specific customer requirements and specifications.
• Experience of APQP, PFMEA’s with proven track record of NPI
• The ability to implement Lean techniques is essential.
• An understanding and alignment to our Bromford Values; Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Department.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours:38 per week
You may also have experience in the following: : Manufacturing Engineer, Manufacturing, Production Engineer, Production Engineering, Process Engineer, Process Engineering, New Product Development, etc.
Ref 133 439
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.