Are you an experienced Depot Maintenance Engineer?
If so, we may have a role which is suited to you as we are recruiting a Depot Maintenance Engineer to join our facilities management team, delivering planned preventive and reactive maintenance services to our site-based client in Rye Park, Hoddesdon.
- Salary: £34,647 per annum
- Additional earnings available through overtime
- 4% bonus, subject to achievement of targets (historically paid out)
- Tools, uniform, PPE
- Group personal pension scheme of matched contributions between 5% and 6%
About the Job
As part of the facilities management team, you will deliver an effective and quality maintenance service across a Distribution Centre Campus; through completing all planned and reactive FM related tasks in a compliant manner.
You will ensure that the site is statutorily compliant and accurate records are kept up to date, as well as maintaining a high standard of work by following safe working practices.
The role is multi-skilled, covering mechanical and electrical maintenance.
To be successful you will have:
- Facilities maintenance experience - essential
- Full Valid UK driver's license
- "On the job" experience working in a maintenance role
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Awareness and knowledge of health & safety
- A recognised apprenticeship or qualification (such as City and Guilds, BTEC, NVQ), or significant proven demonstrable experience in mechanical and electrical services.
- Technical knowledge and experience of maintenance and repair of a complex working environment including electrical and mechanical equipment whilst complying with all Safety and Environmental standards
- Distribution centre maintenance experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Access to state-of-the-art training academy
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses with Specsavers (T&Cs apply)
- Funded Training Sponsorship Scheme
- Refer a Friend reward scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Up to 10% off B&Q / Trade Point
- 20% off Nuffield Fitness and Wellbeing Centres
- You'll be working 40 hours per week, generally Monday to Friday (shifts 6am -2.30pm and 9.30am to 6pm) although some weekend work will be required on an ad-hoc basis to meet the needs of the business.
- There is a requirement to work 1 in 3 weeks on call (maximum).
- There is a degree of flexibility required, as determined by business requirements which involves travelling to other Depots to provide on call support, cover for absence or where work requirements are dictated. Any time travelled to the campus / sister site will be within working hours.
- The nature of the job requires you to work at heights, climb ladders, and cover the whole site.
If you are successful, we will undertake standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes employment referencing, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.