We are working with an exciting global electronics client with sales in excess of £1 billion, who predominantly design and manufacture for the Automotive, Industrial and Scientific sectors, in their search for a new Project Engineer.
This is a senior role and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, most often managing several projects simultaneously.
As a Project Engineer, you will have the opportunity to put your electrical and mechanical design expertise and product knowledge to use on with a diverse customer base which covers many market sectors.
You will undertake and manage new and existing automotive, low and high voltage power distribution projects from concept and development through to serial production as well as any change requests.
Salary of a Project Engineer
Up to £42,000
Job Description of a Project Engineer
- Manage new and existing automotive projects from concept to production along with change requests.
- Create electrical / mechanical concepts from the analysis of customer requirements or schematics.
- Manage the support of internal departments and external suppliers.
- Create timing plans, technical specifications, component requests and costings.
- Create production instructions and quality documentations in line with internal and customer processes.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules for each customers’ project.
Skills & experience of a Project Engineer
- Degree or equivalent experience in electronic design or mechatronics.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electronic engineering.
- Experience of PCB Design.
- Project engineering / project management experience is desirable.
- Willingness to travel, both nationally and internationally for both business and training.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for a global, secure business with an exciting product range.
- An opportunity for training, development and global travel.
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance – Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.