We have an excellent opportunity for an Energy Engineer to join an extremely reputable environmental and energy management consultancy. Our client has a team that consists of technical professionals which include Environmental Consultants, Energy Engineers and Project Managers who all specialise in Climate Change, Net Zero Carbon, Sustainability, Environmental Compliance, and Project Engineering.
The successful Energy Project Engineer will be working at the core of our clients established team of engineers and consultants identifying and developing energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects that will support your customers in their journey to Net Zero Carbon. As a team member, you will have to provide technical input to a number of projects whilst also being responsible for your own projects. Therefore, excellent project management skills are essential.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Energy Engineer with a strong technical background who can work independently.
Some Duties include:
Undertake Energy Efficiency and Decarbonisation Audits on a range of building types across the Public Sector (Councils, NHS, Higher/Further Education) and Private Sector (such as real estate, manufacturing, healthcare, SMEs).
- Conceptual design of energy efficiency and low carbon solutions, typically for buildings, to identify and evaluate energy, carbon and cost savings potential.
- Conduct feasibility studies for renewables (such as Solar PV, Solar Thermal) and low carbon technology solutions (such as Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps).
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support to evaluate the business case potential for energy efficiency and low carbon solutions.
- Write high quality technical reports that provide detailed analysis of energy and decarbonisation projects and deliver meaningful recommendations for our customers.
Do you have a relevant combination of the following skills / experience?
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant subject such as Energy Engineering, Renewables, Building Surveying or Carbon Management
- Previous experience as an energy engineer with either a practical engineering / building services background or consultancy background. This should ideally be a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience of the last phase of ESOS in 2019, or similar experience of commercial energy auditing.
- A thorough theoretical and practical understanding of energy efficiency and low carbon technologies, with a good knowledge of emerging technologies such as Heat Pumps and Battery Storage.
- Professional membership with a relevant organisation such as the Energy Institute, IEMA, CIBSE, Institute of Energy Technologies or Energy Managers Association.
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Excel, is essential.
- Experience with simulation software such as PVSol, DesignBuilder, Dialux and AutoCAD is beneficial but not essential.
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role. Travel is expected as we work with a range of customers across the UK, mainly in but not limited to Southern England and Wales
- Based in the South West in regions including, Gloucester, Oxford, Bristol or South Wales
- Basic Salary between £28,000 - £35,000 DOE
- A generous annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme: 3% employer contribution (matched by employee)
- 33 days holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working – Home Based
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.