Our client provides a wide range of services to the telecommunications industry, and they have grown to be a much broader organisation and their services include the supply of skilled operatives to delivering a full turnkey solution
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and responsible Flex Supervisor to support and organise all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you'll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Flex Supervisor duties are to assist the Project Managers and Project Coordinators to ensure tasks are completed effectively and on time with excellent attention to detail.
- As Flex Supervisor you will report to the Project Manager, responsible for overseeing fibre teams involved in PIA/New Network Build involving cabling and blown fibre on both underground and overhead deployment.
- Ensure all site staff are competent, fully trained and have been inducted before starting.
- Site meetings to discuss works/timescales and any potential permit conditions.
- Regular liaising with the client and local authorities.
- Carrying out audits to ensure that work sites meet the company's health and safety standards/specifications.
- Ensure that all productivity targets/milestones are achieved.
- Develop and support effective change implementation to mentor and coach the field teams.
Location & commitments
Based within our clien't Southern operational location within Gillingham Kent this will be a full-time role (40 hours per week) with the flexibility to work to contract requirements as and when required to ensure projects are delivered on time. This role is site situated according to the specific project requirements and locations dependent on the location of project deployment.
- Proven work experience as a Flex/Fibre Supervisor/Field Manager or similar role.
- Experience in fibre to the premise deployment, from conception to delivery.
- An ability to read technical fibre schematic plans and resolve issues in the field.
- Able to communicate effectively and manage the field teams to achieve targets.
- Knowledge and experience on working on the Openreach network.
- Solid organisational skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other systems.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.