The role will work as part of a team undertaking underground and overhead fibre networks to enable the delivery of optimised, ready to construct fibre networks. Working closely with the larger Deployment team to provide technical administrative support and coordination.
This fast-paced role will support the operational teams with permits and notices to the local authority whilst adhering to tight deadlines and ensuring attention to detail throughout all tasks.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA) and the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) to assist in overseeing all aspects of work by utility contractors on the public highway and to ensure that this process runs smoothly with all aspects of the NRSWA being accurately fulfilled.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Obtaining plant enquiries and utility stats for deployment related projects
- Logging and checking permit/notice statuses to avoid financial penalties
- Interfacing with the field deployment team, planning department and client where necessary
- Liaise with Network Planning and Deployment teams on effective updates of all utility stats and plant enquiry matters.
- Communicate with operational staff to identify critical areas of client delivery
- Reporting any non-compliance issues where appropriate, by escalation to the line manager
- Driven and able to work autonomously
- Keen to continually increase the value that can be added by the role and the business
Skills & Experience
- An understanding of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
- Understanding of Streetworks and can engage with HA's and relevant stakeholders
- Previous experience within a back-office environment FTTX discipline
- Previous experience within a Utilities environment (Telecoms, Electric, Water, Gas)
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly competent with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications
- Maintaining strong team working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone manner
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard.
- Strong communication skills with solution orientated approach to issue resolution.
- Full clean driving licence
- 5+ Years working in a back-office team
- Engineering or business-related qualification
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.