Babcock Technology Centre| Bristol | BS16 1EJ
Full time - Permanent
As a Marine Engineer in the Through Life Boat Plan (TLBP) Team, you will be a part of Submarine Support Engineering within Babcock Bristol, who provide in-service support to the Royal Navy's fleet of submarines.
In this role you will support the Submarine Lead in generating and maintaining through life maintenance plans, which optimise work package efficiency and submarine availability.
You will use the new asset management tool, developed specifically for submarines, to provide a holistic view and approach to managing maintenance requirements through platform life. Requirements must be refined by aligning/de-conflicting engineering activities, by location or by system, and load levelled against programme constraints.
You will also provide support to submarine programme change and what-if scenarios.
Balancing maintenance against an ever-challenging programme is key to ensuring safe, capable and available submarines.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for engineers who are keen to learn. Submarines are arguably the most complex assets in operation today and require a range of experience and engineering disciplines to maintain. As the Marine Engineer in the team, you will be primarily supporting management of maintenance, associated with submarine structures.
You will be working with a skilled team of engineers to understand the relationship of maintenance across disciplines. Therefore, there is an opportunity to broaden your knowledge on whole-boat engineering requirements and the impact on the submarine programme.
Although this is working in the Defence industry we will accept applications from all Marine Engineering backgrounds.
What will you be doing?
* Provide support to the Submarine Lead in generating and maintaining through life maintenance plans.
* Carry out refinement including: aligning/de-conflicting engineering activities and load leveling against programme constraints.
* Assist with the analysis of survey data for material state trends to support advancing or deferring maintenance.
* Generate technical recommendations to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) for refinement activities.
* Track and adapt refinement activity through the planning process to ensure benefits are realised.
* Provide support to Submarine programme change and what-if scenario analysis.
* Identify improvements to maintenance requirements and policies.
* Support continuous improvement of the TLBP product and processes.
The experience you'll bring
You will need:
* To be able to demonstrate suitable experience in Marine Engineering.
* An understanding structural surveillance and defect maintenance is desirable.
* Good communication skills, as you will be liaising with external stakeholders.
* A proactive approach to work, as you will be submitting recommendations and improvements to the MoD.
What a role with Babcock offers
* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* Great work/life balance through agile working (open to flexible/remote working)
* Pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary
* Employee Share plan
* An inclusive and diverse working environment
* Autonomy - trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.