Our client, a global consultancy business, have a range of permanent opportunities for experienced Project Controls Engineers / Senior Project Controls Managers in the Southwest area. These are working on major programmes within the nuclear, utilities and defence sectors.
Our client believes in development of people, they highly invest in their staff and actively support internal career progression. You will have opportunities to move between sectors, building on your experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
Successful candidates will have experience or knowledge in Primavera (P6) planning and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in this core area of activity.
Role and Responsibilities may include
- Create and manage schedules that align to the overall requirements of the business’ plans
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Project team to develop the Project schedules
- Liaise with Project team to define scope of work, develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and assess variances from original plan
- Understand objectives to identify and reduce uncertainty, find solutions to improve efficiency
- Support Project Managers to schedule work and manage assignments
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs
- Manage and review status of project schedule and performance, identify emerging problem areas
- Support Project Managers to ensure timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Assess critical path and constraints to determine the impact of changes to schedule and provide recommendations
- Perform analysis to identify alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules
- Adhere to NEC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions
- Support Project team to develop and manage status reports and review progress with management
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans
- Monitor the Project Manager’s reporting system, evaluating the progress status of all projects
- Degree in a relevant discipline or previous proven experience within rail, highways, nuclear, utilities, aviation and civil engineering
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Office skills, Excel, Project, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience and proficiency with Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software
- Experience of working within a complex Project/Programme environment
- Ability to demonstrate Project Management and Planning techniques
- Ability to collaborate with wider teams and have high level multi-disciplinary knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate technical and non-technical information, and to influence and challenge at all levels
- Strong due diligence and analytical skills
These roles will potentially be 2-3 days remote working and then 2 days a week on the client’s site in the Southwest.
Salary between £48k – £65K depending on skills and experience, alongside attractive benefits.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.