Project Engineer - Civils
To undertake project engineering activities to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. The Project Engineer - Civils will be expected to lead Civils’ design packages including management of design subcontractors and interfacing with the internal Civils construction team.
- Support the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of Civils project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development & design requirements are met to the satisfaction of the construction team and effect remedial action when required.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Prepare and evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Ability to act in the role of Contractors’ Responsible Engineer is desirable.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance
- Significant Civils experience or Civil Engineering Degree qualification
- Member of the ICE and working towards chartership or already chartered
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works
- Ability to work in the West Midlands area including weekend shifts
- Chartered Engineer status
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Railway Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.