Process Safety Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Location: Field Based
Hours: Contracted to 37.5 hours per week
Flogas Britain Ltd is currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer to join their North West England team. The Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for implementation and continual improvement of our process safety management systems, and provide technical expertise to the business to help evaluate risks and cost-effectively resolve PS/PP issues. This position coordinates Process Safety Management (PSM) and Property Protection (PP) activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate with a degree in Chemical/Mechanical engineering (or in a similar technical field) and experience in the Chemical or Petrochemical industry.
- Facilitating / conducting process safety risk assessment and advising and supporting line managers in the reduction of risk.
- Advising line management and assisting with the development and implementation of new or existing procedural standards & work practices, including human factors assessments
- Develop feedback mechanisms e.g. surveys etc, to track and evidence progress against the agenda / strategy
- Providing tools & training to drive a positive change in process safety culture in Flogas
- Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree or in a similar technical field, background or qualification
- Experience in Chemical or Petrochemical industry in a plant environment or from working for an engineering / process safety specialist consultancy
- GCSE Maths & English
- Technically proficient in all areas of process safety and loss prevention, e.g. HAZOP, PHA etc.
- Holiday 25 days plus bank holidays with the opportunity to purchase up to an additional 5 extra days
- Access to dedicated benefits site offering hundreds of discounts scheme & cashback at retailers/restaurants
- Death in Service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 24/7 free and confidential support and assistant line
- Health Plans and Wellbeing Support
Flogas is a leading supplier of domestic LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) who have more than 35 years’ experience providing reliable, affordable energy solutions to homes across the UK. It is a highly successful business that places its people at the heart of the organisation.
Join us, and you’ll put all your talents to good use developing your career with a growing national brand.
At Flogas we are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to ensuring our colleagues feel engaged, motivated and proud to work for Flogas.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to be made as part of the application process please contact us directly.