Maintenance Engineer | Ayrshire | 37 hours per week
Based at Prestwick Aerospace Park in Ayrshire, our client manufacture precision components for a global customer base within various industries. Their in-house investment casting foundry based in North Ayrshire expertly cast in a range of materials from stainless steels through to aluminium.
Offering a turnkey solution with full traceability throughout, our customers’ components are finish machined, managed and controlled under our trusted guidance within purpose-built facilities. The heart and soul of the company is in creativity and innovation, and quality is the foundation that the business and reputation was built on.
The company have recently gone through a major re-investment programme introducing new robotics and state of the art melting and blasting equipment in order to increase capacity and to automate processes.
You will take the lead in providing planned/preventative maintenance programmes and equipment breakdown schedules for a variety of plant and equipment within a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum HNC engineering qualification is required.
- Must be time served mechanical engineer.
- PAT testing qualification would be ideal.
- Experienced time-served maintenance engineer with excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge within a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- Knowledge of 415v electrical skills and ability to read schematic drawings.
- Mechanical and electrical fault-finding skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving expertise.
- Adaptable and resilient in working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Leadership of small teams.
- Effective communication skills.
- Team player.
- Attention to detail.
- IT Literate.
- Organised and structured working.
- Assist manufacturing/production team in achieving targets and optimising machine run times.
- Respond immediately to machine breakdowns and keep maintenance records.
- Prioritise maintenance requests and carry out planned, preventative and reactive maintenance effectively.
- Understand and support plant improvement projects.
- Identify and deploy other skills or trades required in order to ensure cost effective task completion.
- Liaise with contractors on site.
- Support and manage the training and development of apprentices.
- Monitor equipment/machinery performance using agreed KPI’s and investigate opportunities for improvement.
- Practice all safety and compliance requirements and encourage others.
Why You Should Apply
- The chance to join a well-established company with opportunities for development.
- To join a small, ambitious team.
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set.
If you’re the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.