Milestone Infrastructure is recruiting for a Graduate Structures Engineer within our Engineering Solutions team in Ipswich.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our graduate program in Milestone Infrastructure, with opportunities to progress within a highly respected company. Milestone Infrastructure sits within M Group Services Transport Division, positioned to support transport clients across the UK, supporting the safe movement of people via rail, aviation and highways.
As a business, people are at the heart of everything we do, whether they are our people, our clients, or the communities they serve. We are committed to behaving with integrity and in a sustainable manner, being mindful to the needs of our communities and the environment. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in our Ipswich team, providing design solutions and services to Milestone Infrastructure contracts across England.
- The design of highway structures (bridges, retaining walls, culverts, head walls, masts, sign bases etc)
- Assessment of highway structure for load capacity
- Utilise relevant structures design software to assist in the development of solutions
- Undertaking designs (new builds & maintenance) and producing design packages for construction
- Produce technical reports and other technical output to achieve project outcomes
- Undertake site visits, surveys and investigations
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with QSE standards and processes
- Technical training/supervision of Technicians
- Working collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives
Essential Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- BEng/BSc in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of structures analytical software (desirable) and its use within a bridges environment
- Knowledge of Highways England standards such as the DMRB and MCDHW (preferred)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in design and construction
- Computer literate particularly with packages such as Microsoft Excel and Word, and AutoCad (desirable)
- UK/EEC driving licence
Nature and Scope:
Our people are our greatest strength and ensuring their health, safety and wellbeing is our top priority. We invest in our workforce, engaging and empowering them, helping them to grow and develop with opportunities to train and learn.
At Milestone Infrastructure we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.