We are seeking a Health & Safety Manager to work for a manufacturing company in Dungannon.
To work alongside the Senior Management Team to develop, influence and promote a first class Health and Safety Culture across the company. With a commercially minded, proactive
approach, the postholder is responsible for developing and maintaining excellence with regard to all Health and Safety practices and activities, ensuring the safety of employees, customers
and visitors is paramount at all times.
1. Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
2. Develop and deliver a robust Health and Safety Strategy and roll out a clear and concise operational Health and Safety Agenda for all departments.
3. Ensure that all Health and Safety Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
4. Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to Health, Safety and Welfare at Work, including statutory training and reporting.
5. Ensure the completion of regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
6. Create a Risk Register ensuring action plans are put into place accordingly.
7. Ensure that Safety Inspections are carried out, Fire Drills and Alarms are correctly reported, Safety Inspections, Risk Assessments and Lone Working Procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
8. Carry out regular Site Inspections / Audits for quality assurance purposes including to check policies and procedures, practices are being properly implemented and followed.
9. Lead in-house training with managers, supervisors and employees about Health and Safety issues and risks.
Qualifications & Experience:
• NEBOSH qualified.
• 3-5 years’ previous experience successfully managing a H&S function where the workforce is 100+ employees.
• Developing and implementing H&S policies and procedures, practices, etc in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Effective management of staff.
Key words: HSE Manager HSE Engineer HSE Specialist of HSE Officer HSE Advisor safety manager safety engineer safety specialist safety officer safety advisor H&S manager H&S engineer H&S Specialist H&S Officer H&S Advisor EHS Manager EHS Engineer EHS Specialist EHS Officer EHS Advisor comah coshh NEBOSH N.E.B.O.S.H
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.