Vertical Recruitment has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer to be based in our clients' Manchester office.
You will be responsible for technical output and for the management, financial performance and technical production on Transport & Infrastructure Design projects or the T&I components of multi-disciplinary projects.
Responsibilities will include Client management in the provision of proposals, project planning, management of project resources, reporting and financial performance. In addition there will be a requirement to work on a collaborative basis with the Team Leader in the management of the Leeds team. The role will develop as the Company develops.
Their talented and experienced design teams fuse local knowledge with national design standards and legislation in a manner that enables them to undertake a wide variety of projects ranging from local area traffic management improvements to complex multi-modal transport interchanges.
The team provides a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of regeneration and development projects.
They work across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, health and retail sectors and their clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- A 'self-starter' with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed
- Commercially aware with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- A visible and participative technical leader, willing and able to take responsibility and be held to account for the technical performance and advancement of the team
- An ability to help build and develop a strong team through the mentoring and support provided to the team members
- Technical independence within the field of Civil Engineering design, including for highways, drainage and external works
- Reliable and trustworthy; acts with consistency and integrity at all times
For further information, please get in touch.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.