We are seeking a Buyer to work for a manufacturing company in Dungannon.
The post holder will support the Purchasing Manager with the design and implementation of a purchasing strategy in line with the strategic vision of the company. You will play a key role within the Purchasing Department in delivering a consistent approach towards all sourcing and buying within the business; driving the agenda of value for money whilst maximising cost effectiveness and cost reductions; and ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality products and services to customers.
1. Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets using an MRP/ERP system.
2. Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
3. Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
4. Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
5. To give input into the development of appropriate formalised purchasing policies, compliance and procedures across the organisation, educating and supporting other departments within the organisation the importance of adhering to the standards.
Qualifications & Experience
• 3-5 years’ experience of working in a purchasing role to include: negotiation with suppliers; commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
• Proven track record in adding value, reducing costs and input to business improvements.
• Previous experience working in a similar role in an engineering environment
Key words: Buyer cips Procurement Administrator Procurement Coordinator Procurement Assistant Procurement Manager Procurement Officer procurement specialist strategic procurement Purchasing Administrator Purchasing Coordinator purchasing Assistant Purchasing Manager raising purchase order purchasing specialist purchaser
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.