Role: Graduate Engineer
Salary: £19,000 - £25,000
Overview of the Graduate Engineer
2 Fawcett are recruiting a Graduate Engineer for a national leading civil engineering company with excellent training and development opportunities. This role is perfect for a graduate engineer with ideally with some commercial experience looking to further their career.
Main Responsibilities of the graduate Civil Engineer
- Undertake and assist with structural inspections and testing (General Inspections (GI), Principal Inspections (PI) and Special Inspections (SI)) including but not limited to bridges, culverts gantries, masts and retaining walls in accordance with CS 450 (formerly BD63/17), CS 462 and CS 465.
- Efficient Project Management on small and medium size contracts.
- Producing or assisting with technical documents and reports to appropriate standards.
- Provide technical support to the Structures Inspection and testing teams.
- Provide engineering solutions to problems and complete engineering proposals and studies
- Assist with the planning of annual routine inspection programmes.
- To undertake the inspections & identify / supervise testing to standards in the Inspection manual for Highway Structures and DMRB.
- Record on computerised Bridge Management Systems, innovate and utilise technology to optimise the engineering reporting.
- To liaise with Clients to advise on Engineering tasks and optimise our delivery to Clients.
- To operate plant & equipment relevant to role (with appropriate training).
- Willingness to work in challenging environments on or near the Highway network including works at height and in confined spaces (with appropriate training – including rope access).
- Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Undertake site reconnaissance and liaise with statutory agents, landowners and clients.
Requirements of the graduate engineer
- Ideally has experience working in the Engineering Industry
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to problem solve
- GCSE in English
- IT Literate including Microsoft Office
- Full clean driving licence
- Ideally hold a BICs Certification or working towards
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Excellent training and development for all employees
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.