Connect Appointments is working with a world leader in the field of precision machining of carbon fibre products.
As they have grown their business so has the plant, which now operates out of the existing facility, and a new custom build unit on the same site.
If you are a CNC Machinist looking for a new role this could be the move for you!
The CNC Machinist will be responsible for programming, setting up and operating CNC machines.
Key Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist will be
- Work to specifications and tooling instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods. Read drawings and routings for product specifications (dimensions, tolerances and tooling instructions, feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, fixtures and cutting tools to be used).
- Install and adjust holding device, and fasten specified cutting and shaping tools in position to enable the operator to produce finished workpiece to specifications.
- Use CNC control selects and set speed and feed of machine according to the type of operation and specified material and finish.
- Start machine to obtain first-run workpiece and verify dimensional tolerances, using micrometre, gauges and templates.
- Compares workpiece to drawing and specification to verify conformance.
- Change worn cutting tools and adjust the operation of machines, such as cutting speed, feed rate or depth of cut, when required.
- Recycle all tooling in line with the current company's system and procedures.
- May instruct operators or other workers in machine setup and operation.
- Will set all machines and equipment within in specified cell.
- Ensure the job is booked out of his/her area after completion.
- Lift, move, clamp and bolt fixtures on machines using hand tools.
- Clean machine.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position.
- Adherence to the health and safety regulations, Mersen safety, health & environmental and any other company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience with computer-aided design and manufacturing programs.
- Ability to read blueprints and product routings.
- Basic computer programming skills will be desirable.
- Experience of Continuous Improvement principal and techniques.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking
This is a company that you can progress with working with a modern product if you need a new CNC machinist role call Connect Appointments now on (phone number removed) and ask for Derek or Morgan.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.