My client, an established national firm experiencing outstanding growth, is currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team and work closely with their Operations teams, reporting to the Commercial Manager.
This role will be primarily based from home but will require some travel (<2 hours) for site visits etc
- Negotiation and preparation of contractual variations with clients
- Measure and value works done on site
- Preparation of monthly payment applications to be agreed with clients
- Assist with preparation of tender documentation
- Track changes to the design and ensure all variations are captured
- Scrutinise site works completion with project managers
- Assessment of subcontractor applications
- Review progress against works programme
- Responsibility for budget control of projects with Senior Project Managers
- Calculation of projects costs to completion
- Preparation of Early Warning Notices (EWNs)
- Monitoring completion of project milestones
- Providing contract support to site Project Managers
- Support the Legal department with preparation of sub-contracts.
- 5+ years construction industry, preferably within the renewables sector
- Experience in the following sectors will be considered: electrical substations, infratructure such as water treatment/wastewater treatment/utilities, MEP, high voltage installations
- Commercial acumen with strong numeracy skills
- Ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to challenge information presented
- Advanced excel user
- Knowledge of NEC3, IET, FIDIC or JCT contracts
- Experience of working for an ICP or Developer on a renewable energy construction site preferred
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject grade 2:1 or greater.
Salary – Highly Competitive
Annual leave – 25 Days
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.