Structural Engineer - Required for our client who are an award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based throughout the UK they are now looking to recruit in their Birmingham office just 10 minute walk from New Street train Station. The Structural Engineer will be working on projects within the residential, commercial and educational sectors.
The Structural Engineer will have large involvement in both new build and refurbishment projects, working from early planning to project completion so the most successful candidate will have experience in this. The Structural Engineer will have at least 4 years post-graduation experience within a design office and will be ion track to gain chartered status.
Structural Engineer Position Overview
- Prepare design calculations and drawings
- Support senior engineers in carrying out the project design from commencement to completion
- Establish yourself as a key contact with other consultants and partners
- Represent the company at design team meetings
- Carry out thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify issues and solve
- Manage CAD Technicians and produce designs in a wide range of materials
- Work towards your chartership with the support of your mentor and colleagues regularly and systematically
- Liaise with client's office and site staff to deal with technical queries
- Prepare hand calculations
Structural Engineer Position Requirements
- AutoCAD, Tekla, and Autodesk Revit
- BSc/BEng or equivalent degree from an ICE approved course
- Near chartership with either Institution of Civil or Structural Engineering
- 4 + years working within Building Structures
- Experience of writing reports.
- Experience of design in masonry, timber, steel and concrete
- Knowledge of Building construction methods.
- Articulated written and spoken use of English
Structural Engineer Position Remuneration
- Competitive Salary
- 30 days annual leave including bank holidays, increasing with length of service
- Pension contribution
- Bi-annual performance-related bonus
- Death in service, Income protection scheme and medical insurance
- Professional membership x2
- Flexible working
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.