We are currently looking for a Civil Engineer to join our busy team in Dover!
Do you have a degree in Construction/Civil Engineering? Do you have experience of working within the construction industry? Do you want to be part of an exciting project nearing completion and be part of the delivery of the final stage? If you do, then please apply now.
Civil Engineer Duties:
As a civil engineer you will join the project team and assist in the delivery of a series of current work packages including the construction of a new boat yard, upgrading and dredging the Wellington Dock Marine, and the construction of new vessel berths. It is anticipated that this will be followed by the final stage of the DWDR project which includes heavy marine civil engineering and land reclamation. This role will include a combination of undertaking engineering designs, managing consultants and contractors, and supervising construction works.
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Degree qualified in either Construction or Civil Engineering
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate construction industry experience
- Excellent MS Office skills to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good AutoCAD skills, able to generate new and modify and overlay existing drawings
- Experience of developing designed from concept to construction and compiling contract documents
- Practical knowledge of CMD Regulations and H&S management in construction
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Experience of working in a port or other marine environment
- Knowledge of safe systems of works including confined spaces and working at height
- Working knowledge of NEC 3 / 4 Contracts
- Hold a valid CSCS card of the appropriate level of experience
- Knowledge and experience of the Design Manuals for Roads and Bridges and the Manual for Contract Documents for Highway Works.
About the Company:
The Dover Western Docks Revival (DWDR project is a £250millon infrastructure investment by Dover Harbour Board to create new berths, public realm spaces and significant new areas for economic development). As we move into the final stages of the programme, this is an opportunity to be involved in a game-changing development that will provide benefits to both the Port and the Dover region for years to come.
If you think that you are suitable for this Civil Engineer role, please apply now!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.