CNC Laser Operative
£25,000- £28,000, DOE
With a large manufacturing facility in Kent that is expanding, we have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our client as a Laser Operative.
They are a leading specialist in the design, manufacture, and installation of bespoke magnetically shielded rooms, with a customer base throughout the UK, Europe, USA and Asia. All the manufacturing processes, including heat treatment are integrated in the production plant. As a result of their success, they are looking for a Laser Operative to join the team.
- You will work within the laser cutting department operating the CNC controlled laser cutting unit to generate components required to meet our customers' orders
- In collaboration with our design department, you will aid in the cutting layout to get the best usage from each sheet of metal processed
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within a machining environment
- Experience of LVD laser cutting machines or similar
- Produce various items from small, complex batches of components to large panels, all to high quality standards
- Read and work from engineering drawings
- Ability to work within a team to ensure deadlines are met
- Be a team player and be able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working within an ISO 9001 quality system
- Familiar with Lean/ 5S principles
- Salary: £25,000 - £28,000, DOE
- Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays
- Holiday: Extra 1 day per year completed
- Advanced training / support for courses, qualifications, progression & outlined career path.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.