Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work on our customer's site on a contract basis.
The Manufacturing Engineers functionally report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager within the supporting team. They will be operating as part of a cross-functional team.
The purpose of this role is to translate product designs into world class, cost effective manufacturing, assembly and repair processes with proven capability to meet customer and business requirements, as well as seamlessly delivering new and maintain existing products in the manufacturing facility.
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Contract Duration – 12 Months
Hours: 37 hours per week (flexible start and finish times)
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella Company – Inside IR35
What we are looking for in Manufacturing Engineer applications:
- Support production to ensure product flow in the factory,
- Drive continuous improvements to eliminate the need for concessions and rework
- Control and reduce costs to drive profitability in the factory by continuously challenging the methods of manufacture,
- Supporting the development of Methods of Manufacture to release part designs
- Use of Build in Quality tools such as Process Maps, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEAs), and Control Plans, Verifying the design intent has been met
- Day to day planning of projects in line with IPPR gates,
- Liaison with other departments such as design, manufacturing, quality, and purchasing to ensure delivery of parts to set timescales and targeted costs
- Be able to work with Operations and ME to provide operational manufacturing engineering support (Ref op sets, rework and concessions)
Key Skills/ Qualifications
- As a manufacturing engineer you will need to be UK minimum HND/foundation degree qualified or another national equivalent, or have the requisite technical experience, a passion to succeed and a vision of how modern manufacturing should be achieved
- UK IEng (Incorporated Engineer) or CEng (Chartered Engineer) or other national equivalent, is desirable
- Heavy Pressure Vessel manufacturing experience, desirable
- Possessing general understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the business i.e. Machining, Welding, NDE, Fitting, Metrology etc,
- Possessing general awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Intelligence, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business is desirable
- Having good understanding of Manufacturing Engineering processes relevant to their role in the product lifecycle
- Have excellent communications skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Eager to find out more? For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please get in touch with Ethan Allsopp directly.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.