Dreadnought Supportability (ILS) Engineering Manager
Location: Remote working with business travel as required.
Summary of Role:
The Dreadnought Supportability Manager is responsible for the design and development of the Support Solution for the Dreadnought Crew Training programme. Responsible to the Head of Supportability Engineering, this position requires exceptional knowledge and experience across the breadth of all Integrated Logistic Support disciplines to act as the interface between the product and the support solution during the development and transition into service phases.
- This role is suited to an experienced ILS practitioner, and offers an exciting challenge in supporting a key Raytheon UK programme with responsibilities for:
- Successfully driving the support solution design to assure incremental and progressive acceptance of in-service support solution.
- Designing and developing the support solution across multiple training devices to ensure a coherent support solution delivering against the TLMP requirements.
- Evolve 'Design for Supportability Requirements' and ensure the product design is compliant with them.
- Responsibility for the implementation of contractual ILS requirements through the project.
- Deliver the Maintenance Plan, and the associated logistics spares recommendations for the products.
- Maintenance of the Logistics Information Record(LIR)/Logistics Support Analysis Record (LSAR).
- Attend Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
- Support to Programme Management by producing ILS engineering plans, Basis of Estimates, Key Performance Targets and Statements of Work
- Ensuring that all ILS activities undertaken are conducted in accordance with Raytheon UK site procedures that reflects best practice and are in accordance with Raytheon UK procedures.
- An engineering background, educated to degree level or with equivalent previous related experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience as an ILS engineer.
- Previous experiencing defining and implementing ARM&T programmes of work
- Supportability engineering skills to analyse the product supportability to develop and deliver a support solution.
- Knowledge of, and experience with implementing, ASD S-series specifications.
- A high level of competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A comprehensive understanding of Technical Publications and Support Documents.
- Track record of supportability case preparation and delivery.
- Comprehensive understanding of standards and guidance relating to supportability activities.
- Flexibility to travel regularly within the UK to support meetings.
- Well developed planning and organisational abilities.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of Availability Modelling Tools.
- Experience of Conducting a Maintenance Task Analysis.
- Obsolescence Management Planning.
- Eligible to attain SC clearance.
- Knowledge of and experience in working to ASD S-series Specifications
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.