Shift Maintenance Engineer
Up to £42k
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager/ Maintenance Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking various planned and reactive maintenance tasks on pipe extrusion and ancillary machinery, and will work as part of the Maintenance Team in a varied and fast paced environment.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have excellent mechanical and electrical skills, great problem-solving skills and organizational ability, a high level of attention to detail, an ability to multitask, be highly resourceful and have good people skills. They will be self-motivated and thrive working on their own initiative, as well as being comfortable following standard procedures and practices.
* Liaise with maintenance manager and shift supervisor to determine day to day maintenance and production priorities.
* Complete maintenance and repairs within target times and without rework following all published procedures and policies
* Carry out the requirements of the planned preventative maintenance program
* Install new machinery and equipment accurately and efficiently, within required timescales
* When required, disseminate knowledge and experience to other Service personnel
* Ensures tool kit meets 'minimum requirements' and personal and Company supplied tooling is maintained to the appropriate standards
* Comply with Company and Government legislation regarding Health & Safety
* Maintain a clean and tidy work area
* Perform daily in-depth fault finding, diagnosis and breakdown repairs
* Keep up-to-date maintenance records of all daily activities using current MMS system
* This role incorporates continental shift work
* Time served apprenticeship (4 years) in electrical, Mechatronic or electrical maintenance discipline. With 3 years post apprenticeship experience.
* Knowledge of DC drives and controls
* Must have practical Knowledge of automated control systems
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a very high level of attention to detail and thoroughness in completing tasks, while following standardized procedures
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and perform duties within specified deadlines
* Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative under minimal supervision as part of a small team
* Strong analytical, oral/written communication, customer service and time management skills
* Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to co-operate and deal tactfully and diplomatically with a variety of people, both internal and external
* Updating, maintaining records and generating reports.
* Good safety awareness essential with willingness to receive training in legislation as required.
* Experience of working within the plastic manufacturing industry
* Demonstrated ability to apply 'tool room' skills and tolerances
* Computer literate with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
* Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical systems.
If this role is of interest to you please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.