CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Critical Shift Engineer to join the team located in London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive works to building plant, equipment, and systems in accordance with agreed service levels and respond to site engineering emergencies. The candidate must have data centre experience. They will also be undertaking small installation works, repairs to building fabric and handyman duties.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment, and systems to meet and exceed expectations and agreed service level agreements
- Respond to Building Management System alarms and effect emergency repairs as needed
- Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems
- Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of electronic recording on REALM
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments (including Dynamics Risk assessments) are prepared for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised and comply with contractual commitments and site operating processes
- To develop a good working relationship with all members of CBRE services staff and clients’ staff
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment and ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures, as well as client site policies, procedures and working arrangements, as required
- Ensure a professional image of CBRE is presented to clients and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is always delivered and promoted
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning
- Data Centre Experience
- A good general education is required
- A formal engineering qualification is required, mechanical, electrical, or building maintenance
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a similar organisation
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance activities
- Good verbal communication skills
- Numerate & literate
- Show diligence in safe working both for themselves and occupants of the premises
- Self-motivated, with a high level of personal integrity
- Able to work well both in a team and alone
- Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high-pressure environments
- Courteous and presentable as the role is both front and back of house, with exposure to the client at all levels
- Able to ascend and descend vertical access equipment
- Incumbents must be flexible regarding working hours
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE’s core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #128 in 2020. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.