The Senior IMT Infrastructure Engineer will provide customer centric support for our onsite physical infrastructure, hosted infrastructure and administration for the cloud infrastructure and systems. You will lead, manage, and participate in the delivery of project work where related to infrastructure changes or systems delivery with a significant element of infrastructure change or implementation. You will also ensure RSSB infrastructure is secure and adheres to Cyber Security standards, manage DR processes and business continuity. Where appropriate, you will assist other team members in the provision of 1st/2nd line technical IM&T support (Desktop, Software, Infrastructure, Telephony and AV), as well as maintain and deliver a high degree of customer service for all RSSB IM&T support queries and Requests for Change.
- Line Management of Infrastructure team. Mentor and coach staff and provide peer to peer advice, as required
- Ensure the effective management, administration (including patch management) and operation of the RSSB onsite physical infrastructure environment – Server Room / Virtual Server Infrastructure / Network Switches / Firewalls / Meeting room AV solutions and input to business requirements, specifications and designs for infrastructure delivery options
- Ensure the effective management, administration and operation of the RSSB cloud infrastructure environment – Azure / Hosted Virtual servers / M365/D365 and SaaS solutions
- Ensure the efficient and healthy operation of the RSSB security / Virus and web filtering systems
- Input to the definition / documentation / testing of the RSSB business continuity plan and responsible for ensuring the effective maintenance, testing and enhancement of RSSB disaster recovery systems/solutions
- Management and planning of backup/restore solutions for all Systems/Services and associated data and penetration testing activity and identified issue resolution
- Advice and planning for future technical infrastructure roadmap for internal/external systems and manage and maintain all technical documentation and attend meetings in relation to any infrastructure planning/queries
- Plan, manage and communicate infrastructure change in conjunction with IT Operation and Security Team leads and wider IM&T and business departments
- Management and review of Infrastructure suppliers ensuring the correct management of all relevant supplier accounts to ensure financial probity. security of supply and financial process for purchases
- Standing in for the Head of Operations and Security when required
- Microsoft and/or other technical certifications or relevant demonstrable experience managing and supporting Microsoft technical environments and solutions
- Knowledge of and ability to problem manage Microsoft SQL Server/Windows Server v2008/2012/2019+ management (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File and Print services), MS InTune mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) Windows 10 OS)
- Packaging and distributing of software using software deployment tools and Windows Server and end point patching using MS WSUS server
- Advanced administration of MS Teams, Teams Voice, MS Exchange Online, OneDrive for Business
- Administration and management of VMWare HA Cluster (ESX 6/6.5)
- Knowledge of administering and supporting Azure IaaS/PaaS solutions, SAN and NAS storage (DELL EqualLogic)
- Administration of backup/recovery solutions (Veeam Backup and Arcserve UDP) and management of DRaaS and Business Continuity solutions
- Administration and support of Meraki firewalls, Dell network Switches, Sophos Antivirus, Mimecast Anti-Spam and Forcepoint Web content filtering software.
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practice – IT Service Management, particularly Incident, Problem and Change management
- Effective communication, stakeholder and supplier management skills
- Ability to work in Teams and individually using own initiative and capable of self-managing workload. Confident to debate and challenge on Infrastructure topics and takes ownership and pride in delivering a high standard of work
- Ability to manage a team
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.