Production planner/Birmingham/Manufacturing/25000 - 30 000 p/a
Vivo Talent is partnering with award – winning commercial manufacturer. Due to internal promotions withing their planning team there is a great opportunity to join exsting team of 5 as a Production Planner.
Your role is to control the execution of manufacturing orders and related parts, for a given product range. Ensuring customer orders are satisfied in line with requested delivery date, coupled with maintaining stocks of agreed products – providing instructions to carry out all the above to all departments concerned.
Your day to day:
- Ensuring that the execution of manufacturing orders, meets the customers requirements of the correct quantity and requested delivery date.
- Providing a service to the sales office – supplying prompt and accurate replies to queries in respect of customer orders, also providing realistic lead-times for potentially new orders.
- Expediting specific customer orders – ensuring promises related to the sales department are punctual, or advising sales of any problems that may arise.
- Resolving production issues, expediting internal manufactured parts or liaising with the Materials department for the progress of bought-out parts.
- Liaising with Supervisors and issuing instructions to the relevant work centres, in the form of work orders, or programmes.
- Ensuring Manufacturing Orders for stock replenishment are performed and maintaining stocks against the agreed stocking policy.
- Developing reports to analyse sales/manufacturing data in order to optimise production performance ( Spreadsheets/Infor experience)
- Implementing improved operational systems in the scheduling and production of Manufacturing Orders.
- Liaising with Sales Order Planning to plan and reschedule Manufacturing Order schedules to match customer requirements.
- Continuously maintaining and issuing accurate Manufacturing Order schedules and tracking systems to allow advance planning in the departmental manufacturing sections and provide delivery information for Sales Order Planning.
- Monitoring and advising on the progress of specific Manufacturing Orders that need Technical or Quality approval before despatch.
This role is office based, Mon-Fri 8:15am -5pm, with 1 pm finish on a Friday.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.