We are seeking several smart, self-directed Point Cloud Technicians to help us build the next generation of AI-powered systems. As a Point Cloud Technician, you will be responsible for the quality assurance of products created from a range of datasets. This includes LiDAR, imagery, and power network asset information. You will be part of the Engineering team and you will work closely with the product lead on assessing and improving the quality of deliverables, based on customer requirements. Using a range of data, the successful applicant will need to complete digital workflows using software for point cloud classification and vectorization.
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous vacation policy
- Remote friendly work environment
- Growth opportunity at an early-stage startup
- Option to progress rapidly as the organisation scales up
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Background qualification expected to be Civil or Electrical Engineering or have worked on CAD or engineering projects and gained similar work-based experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant software packages including Microstation/Spatix, TerraScan and LasTools.
- Awareness of remote sensing, such as aerial LiDAR, imaging systems and terrestrial survey instruments and their practical applications.
- Awareness of geodetic concepts such as datum, projections and units.
- Familiarity with common coordinate systems and ability to identify these from coordinate system definitions.
- Bonus: Working knowledge of relevant software packages including PLS-CADD, Global Mapper, Arc GIS / QGIS.
- Bonus: A basic understanding of transmission and distribution line concepts and the ability to differentiate between the different classes of conductors, towers, and other features.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.