Are you passionate about technology and delivering work to benefit society?
Then this role could be for you!
You’ll be joining an organisation where their solutions solve real-world problems.
As part of our client’s Engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects, you’ll also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from concept right through to commissioning on site — allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment.
Due to the level of technical development and investment within the nuclear power sector, our client is seeking additional Mechanical Engineering resource to support continued growth and success. These roles will be supporting the engineering teams in harnessing potential technologies and translate them in to industry-ready solutions.
- Provide specialist design services to internal / external customers.
- Production of design deliverables (e.g. drawings, reports or calculations) to agree standards of safety, cost, quality and time.
- Contribute to the economic design of systems and equipment.
- Oversee the work of others and develop the skills and abilities of others for the benefit of the company.
- Actively participate in the development and application of appropriate technical and managerial processes and systems in the area of work.
- Organise, supervise, monitor and develop the team to deliver successful outputs.
- Identify major technical uncertainties and refer them for decision by higher authority
Essential skills/background for the Mechanical Engineers:
- Degree / HND in an Engineering discipline with a good level of design office experience.
- Proven knowledge and experience in the design, build, testing, installation, and commissioning of new plant systems and components, and modifications to existing systems and components, in active nuclear facilities. Examples of systems and components to be supported are mechanical handling equipment, mechanical safety systems and compressed air, water, and ventilation systems.
- Proven knowledge and experience using AutoCAD and 3D CAD software such as Inventor, Vault, or Solidworks, together with Microsoft Office applications to provide fit for purpose engineered solutions
- Ability to achieve SC level clearance.
These roles can either be based in our client's offices near Sellafield, Risley, or Preston, with hybrid/remote working arrangements available.
Scantec Personnel Limited is acting as an employment business and an employment agency. For contract or interim roles (and unless otherwise stated), all pay rates stated are on a Limited Company basis. Agency PAYE, Umbrella and CIS (if applicable) engagement models are also available, which will result in a different pay rate than advertised above.
Due to the high volume of applications Scantec receives it is not always possible to acknowledge every application. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 28 days. If you don’t hear from us within 28 days your application has not been shortlisted at this time, to be considered for future vacancies please register with us on our website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.