Blocktech MEP are currently looking on behalf of our client for an Experienced Estimator from an engineering, commercial gas, or similar background.
The role is to use industry experience and knowledge and provide detailed competitive quotations and estimates for customer enquiries/bids, including cost and work time estimates. Maintain excellent working relationships with existing customer base and seek out new customers and estimating opportunities.
- Generate comprehensive quotations and bids in line with company standards and guidelines, ensuring the client remains competitive by striking the sensitive balance between profitability and customer satisfaction whilst minimising potential risks to the company.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers/suppliers and build new relationships.
- Negotiate prices with Customers and Suppliers.
- Resource and cost materials.
- Resource and cost external processes, suppliers, Etc.
- Comparison of costs incurred with costs estimated.
- Quote / bid follow up process.
- Maintain and work to functional KPI’s.
- Review contractual terms with suppliers, and sub-contractors to ensure value.
- Work with Operations and Design teams on product development and innovation.
- Identification of any possible major expenditure or additional resource requirements.
Necessary Requirements or Attributes:
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
- Commercially astute with an engineering background.
- Detailed Knowledge of quality standards
- Excellent time management skills.
- Solid materials and special processes knowledge in the engineering markets.
- Excellent bid presentation skills both verbally and orally
- Ability to deliver presentation to Directors, Clients and Teams.
- Have a proven background in estimating with experience in a complex multi-disciplinary bid environment and large public tenders
- Have proven experience building relationships with stakeholders at a senior level
- Be tenacious and determined to meet deadlines.
Our client supplies Commercial Services, BMS Services, Gas Services, Electrical Services, Mechanical services, and Maintenance packages on anything from Hospitals, Schools, High End Residential, to affordable housing. They have been established for over 50 years have a large client base and turn over in excess of 30 million with projects ranging from 50k to 2 million.
If successful, you will join a growing forward-thinking company with a good work ethos and team spirit. The role is based in their Surrey Office with travel to projects in and around London as necessary.
- Working hours 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- 25 days Holiday
- Package range 55k to 65k depending on experience and qualifications.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.