Location: Birmingham or Basingstoke where you will be based out of our either office with home working available and some travel to other offices and sites
Business area: Highways
Contract: Permanent, Fulltime
Salary: £32k - £39k + Company Car + 26 days holiday plus bank holiday + Benefits
Thinking. Doing. Innovating. Delivering.
We are Kier, one of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure services, working on projects such as Strategic and Local Highways.
We are now recruiting for a Technology Design Engineer to join our Highways team in Birmingham or Basingstoke to contribute, complete and if necessary, manage a full technology design package output in line with client requirements, against defined governance and assurance frameworks, process and procedures
Proactively highlighting issues at an early stage, allowing technology design and engineering teams to recommend timely mitigations to facilitate designs that are right first time. Help with and input into opportunities for continuous improvement across all technology team policies and processes. Contribute to the reporting of scheme progress, cost and other KPI's in line with Engineering Assurance Manager (EAM) and/or the requirements of the Programme Delivery Manager. Contribute to the flow of information by attending/conducting (if required) regular scheme specific meetings to ensure the project teams are updated on relevant objectives/issues regarding the project. Create formal monthly reports, attend project specific meetings (only as and when required), and other regular formal and informal communications, to ensure issues which may occur are mitigated and communicated.
What do we need from you?
- Degree or equivalent qualification within a technology bias engineering discipline e.g. communications, electronic/electrical engineering
- Industry knowledge, experience and understanding essential; specifically relating to highways technology infrastructure and Highways England
- Proven track record of successful service delivery, operational, design, and delivery of highways technology infrastructure projects; with knowledge of operational maintenance, construction and site experience being key
- Effective and confident communication, professional in approach and presentation, with the ability to build relationships and interact well with business and client stakeholders at all levels
- Possession of multiple practical skillsets across the HE technology and infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of ITS, IoT, Telco, and IP technologies and their applications against the services Kier Services | Highways supplies
- Full UK Driving licence and ability to travel / overnight stays when required
- A company car or allowance of £4,500p.a
- A matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays
- Two employee Share Scheme options (Sharesave and Share Incentive Plan).
Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case-by-case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Take a look to learn more about our commitments to diversity and inclusion. If you require any reasonable adjustments during any part of the application process, please let us know so we can discuss and arrange these by emailing .
Closing Date: 23rd December 2021
Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.
Recruitment agencies - we are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance. For further information, visit our .
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.