Multiple roles (static) Building Services Engineer (Shift) and (days)
Based At: Birmingham - Various locations
Reports To: Building Services Team Leader / Contract manager
Purpose of the Job
To carry out reactive event related activities, supporting planned preventative maintenance teams, the site/s, ensure venue's are event ready within agreed service levels, and respond to site engineering emergencies.
1. Completion of tasks / activities in accordance with CBRE Procedures and Policies.
2. Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, reactive repair of the sites M&E / HVAC Plant, Mechanical Equipment and Water / Electrical / Gas Services.
3. Compliance with and record keeping for CBRE ISO 9002, 18001 and 14001 Management System.
4. Ensure all reactive and remedial tasks are logged via the CAFM system.
5. Organise and carry out remedial / reactive repairs to the sites systems as required, ensure ownership and completion of task
6. Support the completion of planned maintenance task in conjunction with the building maintenance team
7. Ensure that Reactive Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices
8. Utilising CAFM systems / Tablet technology to ensure accurate and timely completion of reactive works
9. Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
10. Work in conjunction with the Event support Engineers to ensure Stock control procedures are implemented across the wider team
11. Work in conjunction with the contract Support to ensure timely and accurate recording and ordering of required materials
12. Provide operational support across all city centre venues as an when required, ensure venues are event ready at all times
13. Maintain the professional image of CBRE at all times.
1 Reporting to the Building Services Team Leader
2 Accountable to the contract Supervisor
3 Accountable day-to-day to the relevant client contacts.
Education Educated to a minimum of City & Guilds or equivalent
Completion of a recognised technical training scheme.
Training & Experience Apprenticeship (or equivalent programme)
At least two years in a similar role
Permit to Work Systems
Risk Assessments & Method Statements
Excellent knowledge of the operation of Mechanical and /or Electrical Services and plant.
Ability to interrogate BMS screens
Knowledge of current technical standards and control measures in relation to Fire Alarm Systems, Generators, Electrical Services, HV & AC and Water Systems.
Understanding of business-critical services
Knowledge of Lifts and associated services
(Desirable) Working in a Blue Chip environment.
Working in a "services supply partnership"
Aptitudes Good verbal and written communication skills.
Numerate and computer literate.
Character Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
A role model for customer service excellence.
Incumbents must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
Organised, able to prioritise and deliver within high pressure, business critical environments
Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
Able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg.
Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment.
Able to work at height.
Must be flexible regarding working hours
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.