Randstad Engineering are recruiting for a Motor Design Engineer on behalf of our Engineering client who have recently opened new offices in central Bristol.
The Motor Design Engineer will work across a range of projects and products including, but not limited to, pumps, valves, active suspension systems and compact integrated hydraulic power packs.
The primary focus of the role will be the design of high-performance brushless DC motors. The Motor Design Engineer will own the full life cycle of the motor design, from requirements capture, simulation and validation, material selection and prototyping through to supply chain management for volume manufacturing.
The successful Motor Design Engineer will show skills and capability beyond this core area, with a weak preference towards related fields in electronic or mechanical engineering, with the expectation that the candidate will support the electronics team in designing and implementing control algorithms appropriate to the motor designs proposed, and the mechanical engineering team with integration of the motor designs into the product as a whole.
- Degree level education in appropriate STEM subjects.
- Design, analysis, and verification of electromotive machines, particularly brushless DC motors. Selection and use of appropriate software and hardware tools for this purpose.
- Experience with material selection and specification for electromotive machines.
- Experience taking a motor design through initial prototyping to volume manufacture.
- Experience with the design, analysis, and verification of control systems for linear and nonlinear systems, including dynamic system modelling in Matlab Simulink or equivalent software environment.
- Experience with the design, analysis and verification of electronics for the control of brushless DC motors.
- Specify, design, verify and test electromagnetic and electromotive components and assemblies for existing and new products.
- Set appropriate short- and long-term strategies for low-, medium-, and high-volume manufacture of these assemblies as appropriate for the product maturity level and anticipated market size.
- Working with internal and external suppliers to build a supply chain appropriate for prototyping and volume production of electromagnetic and electromotive assemblies.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary and international team to deliver world leading products.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and verification of control algorithms for these assemblies and the systems they are part of.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and verification of electronic and/or mechanical parts which interface these assemblies to the systems they are part of.
Randstad Technologies Ltd is a leading specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.