Job Title: Multi Skilled Engineer
Based At: Birmingham
Reports To: Contract Manager
Hours of Work Monday - Friday, 0800 to 1600 (0.5 hour unpaid lunch)
Purpose of Job
To carry out planned preventative maintenance, remedial works, reactive repairs and manage sub-contractors at - Birmingham
1 Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
2 Identify any defects found to Line Manager and provide parts list and estimated timescale to carry out remedial works.
3 Carry out reactive repairs as instructed by the Contract Support team via Si7
4 Maintain the professional image of CBRE Managed Services at all times.
5 Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all CBRE Managed Services employees and clients' representatives.
6 Ensure the provision of a Safe & Healthy working environment.
7 Manage and monitor sub-contractors ensuring all QHSE processes are adhered to.
1 Ensure the client is fully statutory compliant by completing works or engaging services through the CBRE approved supply chain
2 The post holder does not have any directly reporting staff.
3 This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility
Person Specification - Multi Skilled Engineer
- A good basic education is essential, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills,
- Recognised technical qualifications
- Training: Recognised electrical qualifications; 18th Edition
- Plumbing qualification e.g. GNVQ Level 3
- C&G Legionella & L8 Water Hygiene Awareness
- Knowledge of other building services an advantage.
- (Essential) Working to Planned Preventative Maintenance regimes,
- Fault finding on electrical circuits,
- Knowledge of lone working requirements,
- Risk Assessment trained,
- IT skills - Microsoft outlook, word and excel. PDA or similar
- (Desirable) Experience of general Building Management Systems
- Knowledge of C&G 2079 (up-skill to gain qualification)
- Good verbal communication skills at all levels,
- Good written English skills,
- Able to acquire and maintain sufficient knowledge of a buildings
- operation and services.
- Able to work outside of discipline to deliver value for money client outcomes
- Character: Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service.
- The ability to liaise directly with client FM managers and action their requirements to agreed standards,
- Able to work under pressure and own initiative,
- Able to make sound decisions when needed,
- Physically fit and able to carry tools and components by hand up to 20kg,
- Able to ascend / descend vertical access equipment,
- Able to work at height.
- Circumstances: Must live local to Birmingham (half hour commute)
- Must be flexible regarding working hours
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.