The British Engineering Services Group is proud to be the UK’s leading independent Testing, Inspection and Certification business. We’re private equity backed, which means we have the flexibility and support to move quickly and grow faster than any other company in our industry. We’re innovative and forward thinking and have the awards to prove it, but most of all we’re focused on helping make sure our customers leave nothing to chance.
Our head office is based in central Manchester and is the home to many of our central functions. Due to a record-breaking year and continued business growth (in both revenue and reputation), we are delighted to be growing our finance team.
Along with our impressive organic growth, we recently acquired a number of businesses in our sector, expanding The British Engineering Services Group even further. To support our ongoing growth, we are recruiting an Assistant Management Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in a company that truly make a difference.
What are we looking for?
We’ve really set the benchmark high with our people and our brilliant Finance Team is no exception!
As an Assistant Management Accountant you’ll have the drive and desire to have a successful career in Finance. You won’t be afraid of a challenge as you’ll also be completing your CIMA qualifications for your first 3 years with the business. You’ll also communicate confidently and effectively as you will be working with a variety of amazing people from across our business.
You will be an excel expert and offer unrivalled numerical and analytical skills. You’ll learn all about financial systems and processes.
What will I be doing?
No two days are the same at The British Engineering Services Group. As an Assistant Management Accountant reporting to the Finance Business Partner, you’ll prepare management accounts for British Engineering Services Ltd and other companies in the group. This includes reporting on performance and analysis to support the Business Partner function and maximise gross profit. The scope of this role will grow over time as you develop your skills and experience but some of your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Finance Business Partners with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Reviewing and analysing divisional costs to support accuracy of accounts, including providing accurate commentary and investigation into variances.
- Supporting the month-end revenue process, including invoice reconciliation and accruals.
- Maintaining balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance with budgeting, forecasting and reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying opportunities to improve finance processes and systems
- You will also be studying for the CIMA Professional Qualification.
What makes The British Engineering Services Group a great place to work?
Our people and our customers come before everything else and that will never change. Knowing we always do the best job we can with absolutely no compromise means everything to us.
Our business model is unique, with multiple companies and private equity backing- the exposure you will get is unparalleled. Internal promotion is a regular occurrence within our company and the Finance Team is a great example of this. The team love what they do, they really make a difference and that gets noticed every single day.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- A competitive salary
- Fully-funded CIMA professional qualification
- A comprehensive training programme
- Development opportunities across the business
- A flexible working approach, normally the role will be in Manchester City Centre with home working available 2-3 days per week (you must have suitable wifi, and provide your own office set up)
- Discretionary annual company bonus and yearly salary review
- Shiny new Surface Pro
- Access to lots of discounts and benefits via our company benefits portal including; retail, fitness, holiday and cinema discounts
- The support of a superb employee assistance programme
- Up to 10% pension
What experience do I need?
To work for us you must have the right attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do. Keeping Britain Safe. As a minimum, you will:
- Have a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Offer previous work experience/ internship in a finance department
- Possess strong numeracy and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Expert Excel skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build strong internal relationships across the business
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
We want to inspire everyone to see how important safety is and we expect the same from our people. And if you’re on the same page as us about that and you’ve got the right skills, experience and attitude, you’ll fit right in. Simple. We’re all about diversity and inclusion and that means we want our people to be themselves. We’re delighted to be an equal opportunities employer and that will never change!
British Engineering Services, making Britain a safer place.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.