Senior Engineer (Civil / Water) - Belfast
You will be working within the Civil Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains;
- Drainage schemes;
- Marine projects;
- Flood risk and drainage assessment; and
- Hydraulic and network modelling.
You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals;
- Outline and detailed design;
- Budget cost estimates;
- Contract management;
- Site supervision; and
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts.
- Manage a team to make sure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team's objectives.
- Work under the supervision of an Associate and/or Associate Director.
You will be expected to
- Comply with Quality Management and Technical Excellence Systems and project procedures;
- Make sure that legislation, regulations and site procedures or instructions are complied with;
- Undertake contract administration of projects to make sure that time and budgetary requirements are met.
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, Statutory Authorities, utility companies and other consultants, as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI).
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage WinDes.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers For Adoption and their implementation.
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers.
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH.
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions Of Contract.
- Experience of working on Northern Ireland Water Framework Contracts.
Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.