Senior Ecologist - Varied & Interesting Projects (based in Bristol)
My client, based in Bristol, is an independent multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy providing essential support across a wide range of sectors at all stages in the built environment development and creates value for our clients. To this end, they are seeking a talented Senior Ecologist to join their team based in Bristol.
As a multi-disciplinary consultancy, my client works on projects in a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, commercial and residential development, energy, and waste management. The Team is expanding and they are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Ecologist to their existing ecology team, which is busy supporting clients within Large Infrastructure, Housing Development, Rail and the Environment Agency to name a few.
Roles and Responsibilitie
- Actively engage in business development where appropriate.
- Input into fee proposals where necessary.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Second-to-none project management.
- Undertake Extended Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveys.
- Ecological Clerk of Works on a range of development and restoration project.
- Assist other members of the Environmental Services Team where required.
- Undertake coordination with other professionals and contractors as appropriate, and to organise your time to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Work independently on smaller projects and depending on experience larger projects independelty or as part of a team on more significant schemes.
- Commercial delivery of projects ensuring timescales and budgets are met.
- Collaborative working with other teams.
Skills & knowledge requirements:
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment.
- Sound knowledge of UK planning regulations, policy, and processes.
- Experience of delivering high quality technical work and written reports - EcIA essential and HRA desireable.
- Experience of Phase 1 Habitat surveys and protected species surveys.
- Protected species licence(s) desireable.
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations.
- Experience of working as an Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW).
- Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties.
- Full driving licence and use of a car.
- A willingness to sites when required.
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good IT skills including a basic understanding of QGIS and Word.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Completion of Degree in Ecology or related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years' experience working in a consultancy environment.
- Membership of or eligible for Chartered institute Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) is preferred.
What You Can Expect
We are a close knit team and we offer the successful candidate a welcoming and supportive environment in which you'll have every opportunity to develop personally and professionally.
- Training and professional development plan.
- Membership of our Group Personal Pension Plan - 5%.
- Very flexible working environment - Remote working if required.
- Payment of a relevant professional subscription and ongoing CPD.
- Attractive Holiday package (25 days + Bank Holidays).
- Flexible working arrangements.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.