Cable Specification Engineer
North of England - Home Based - Some travel required
Our client has an opportunity, based in the North of England, for a Specification Sales Professional to join their Trade & Installers Commercial Team for the Fire Performance product range. Reporting to the Trade & Installers Commercial Manager you will develop relationships with specifiers, consultants and electrical contractors to ensure specification of and demand creation for our client, in particular Fire Performance products.
- Specified by promoting their features and benefits and demonstrating that they are the best products available.
- To monitor specifications ensuring that the Company wins orders and by switching specifications, to ensure that our competitors lose orders.
- To attend meetings with customers and present on such matters as new product introductions, projects, new service initiatives and specification.
- Provision of training on client products to distributors, consultants and end users.
- To work closely with the Marketing Department, ensuring a match between client's product offerings and our customer requirements by identifying discreet and ongoing product and pricing policies for each respective market sector.
- In conjunction with the client's sales team, ensure projects are tracked and won either direct or through our chosen distributor(s).
- To respond to customer enquiries, ranging from straightforward verbal quotations to overseeing major tender processes.
- This role will involve travel, mostly within the UK, but occasionally overseas.
- Candidates will be a first-class communicator.
- Be educated to degree level.
- Possess successful specification sales experience in a technical oriented environment.
- An engineering and/or technical electrical background is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Please send your CV and call Rebecca Brown at gap technical on (phone number removed)
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on (phone number removed)
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 16/12/2021
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.