Vox are working with one of the largest engineering consultancies in the UK and we currently looking for an experienced Civil Engineer (Water) to join them on a permanent basis.
My client known for using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Main purpose of position:
You will be working within the Civil Engineering team whose scope of project work includes:
- Wastewater and water projects including treatment works, sewer networks, pumping stations and rising mains;
- Drainage schemes;
- Marine projects;
- Flood risk and drainage assessment; and
- Hydraulic and network modelling.
You will be expected to be involved in all project work stages from inception to completion including:
- Feasibility studies and option appraisals;
- Outline and detailed design;
- Budget cost estimates;
- Contract management;
- Site supervision; and
- Construction project management in the role of Project Manager under NEC ECC contracts.
- Manage a team to make sure that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Exercise a degree of autonomy in decision making to achieve the team’s objectives.
- Work under the supervision of an Associate and/or Associate Director.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Engineers Ireland (IEI).
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microdrainage WinDes.
- Knowledge of Eurocodes, Specification For Highway Works, The Civil Engineering Specification For The Water Industry and Sewers For Adoption and their implementation.
- Experience of and ability in working within project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with clients, architects, contractors, other consultants (at all levels), Statutory and Public Utility Companies such as Northern Ireland Water, Northern Ireland Environment Agency / Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs, DfI Roads and DfI Rivers.
- Experience working in a Civil Engineering consultancy environment.
- Experience in the use of Civil Engineering design software including PDS Ground Modelling, HEC-RAS and WINFAP-FEH.
- Experience in the use of the NEC suite of Conditions of Contract.
- Experience of working on Water Framework Contracts.
- Experience of working on site either with a contractor or consultant.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.