Job Title: Shift Engineer, Fakenham.
As a Shift Engineer you will be a key player in the operational team ensuring optimum production asset availability through:
- Development and implementation of action plans to address root cause of all failures.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for attending to breakdowns promptly and ensuring all work orders and planned maintenance tasks arecompleted Delivering training and support to move towards minor maintenance tasks being undertaken by operator level functions.
- To work with departmental leaders and others developing a pride in the work areas keeping them clean, tidy and ensuring works do not compromise safety or quality.
- Promote team work across all functions including Production, Technical and New Product Development.
- You will support all aspects of the operation to ensure products are manufactured in a safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
You are to ensure individual accountability for best practice and keeping skills up to date
You will also be required carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by lead engineer, production or shift managers or other members of the site management team.
Planned maintenance tasks including daily checks:
Checks include start up, line set (Safety, Operations, Technical and Engineering), routine maintenance in accordance with CMMS & Manufacturer’s schedules, complete relevant
documentation in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Attendance of Asset Breakdowns, repairing “Right First Time” or advising follow up works and parts required in a timely manner to Engineering Team Leader / CMMS Co-Ordinator.
Complete tasks from PPM schedules through planning with Engineering Team Leaders, Supervisors and self management of available time.
Support production, with ideas and initiative’s to optimise line efficiency
Encourage an open communication culture between departments. (Engineering, Technical,Production, Planning , NPD, and Hygiene)
To be a role model for the Operatives in assisting and driving the agreed standards with shift and site managers, Assist with Instruction and demonstration of efficient machine operation with Production ,Hygiene and Technical as required.
Completion of maintenance projects:
- Modifications, or process upgrades
- Continuous improvement
- Services i.e. Water, Air, Gas, Electricity, Refrigeration, Steam etc.
- Additional projects as needed or requested on an on-going basis
Education Level (i.e. Degree, Prof. Quals., etc)
- ONC, OND, C&G, NVQ Relevant Engineering qualifications (Electrical Mechanical Engineering, Health & Safety, etc.)
Years Experience (i.e. Relevant experience, Industry
- Experience, Management level experience, etc)
Experience of FMCG operations, computer literate with experience of CMMS & Microsoft Office programs. PLC fault finding/diagnostics along with a strong health and safety ethic and HACCP would be beneficial.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics (Interpersonal skills,specific competencies, specific skills, etc
- Strong communications skills, able to work within a team and on own initiative with a positive can-do attitude
Other key dimensions
- Maintenance of PPM system – completion of paperwork, requests, etc. Measurement of downtime on relevant lines. To return equipment to production with minimal downtime. Booking in/out of spare parts used or requested
State any conditions for role (e.g. Travel requirements, site specific/multi-site,Physical conditions i.e. Hot/Cold, indoors/Outdoors,hazardous, etc)
- May be required to travel to other sites or suppliers. Will involve exposure to heights, confined areas, COSHH and extremes of temperature.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.