Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The Amazon Logistics team is seeking an experienced, innovative, hands on and customer obsessed Senior Design Engineer to drive standardization and innovation in physical infrastructure, layout and material flow across our Last Mile delivery network. As a member of the Design Engineering arm of the Engineering team you will be responsible for producing and refining process standards, building on current best practices for physical infrastructure and designing Amazon Logistics equipment that is used across the emerging markets network and beyond. Infrastructure you develop will always be produced to meet safety, customer experience, capacity, quality and cost goals. You will act as a key point of contact for the Design Engineering team, frequently partnering with leaders in the field, as well as other operational support functions and your WW counterparts. The core process infrastructure ownership element of this role spans Delivery Station and On-the-Road operations.
This position requires strong leadership, deep customer focus, strong autonomy and exceptional project management skills. It will involve regular communication with executors and project sponsors at both the country and WW level, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable partnering across functional business and technical teams. To be successful in this role, you need to pair strong analytical skills and a data-driven outlook with strong intuition.
This role will be based out of London and involves frequent travel to Brazil and Mexico.
· Engineering Bachelor's degree
· Proven experience in a similar senior process development role, ideally in fast-paced industrial, logistics or production/manufacturing environment
· Experience in building and innovating processes and/or processing equipment in a relevant field
· MBA, MSc or MEng (Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent)
· Certified OE Black Belt or Green Belt
· Expertise in Lean Management, Six Sigma and other OE tools
· Experience in developing specifications for logistic software
· Advanced data analysis skills and an expert in using supporting tools e.g. Minitab, JMP, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL
· Knowledge and ability to use standard design and development tools e.g. AutoCAD, MS Visio
· Excellent Project Management skills
· Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with business partners and key stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure in a cross functional organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit (url removed)s/en/disability/us.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.