Engineering Manager (Design) - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 12 months +
Contracting Authority: Sellafield
Location: Cumbria OR Warrington
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you've never met and solve problems you didn't even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we're here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of Sellafield for a Project Engineering Manager (Design) to work on a 12 month contract basis with the likelihood to be extended further. The role can be based in Cumbria or Warrington.
As an Engineering Manager (Design), your main responsibilities would be:
- To undertake Engineering Management duties within the Remediation Beta/Gamma Programme.
- To lead a team of multi-discipline engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of Decommissioning projects, including oversight of supply chain delivery.
- To undertake elements of the Principal Designer role.
- Input to engineering delivery strategies.
- Scope definition and specification.
- Identification and management of risks.
- Definition and co-ordination of product verification activities.
- Delivery of design solutions in line with legal and site licence requirements.
- Stakeholder engagement.
- Design resource strategy.
- CDM - Pre-construction Information, Health & Safety File, Design Risk Assessment
Skills / Experience:
- Must have Engineering management experience and previously in roles where knowledge of engineering was a key attribute.
- Must have Engineering Design delivery experience.
- Nuclear industry experience is essential.
- Familiarity with CDM regulations and duties.
- Must have an understanding of safety cases.
- Must be eligible to obtain BPSS Security clearance as a minimum.
- You will be a pro-active leader who likes to solve problems and fill in the gaps where needed.
- Degree qualified / Higher Education Qualification in Engineering, preferred MEng.
- Chartered Engineer.
If this Engineering Manager (Design) role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with one of our PSR team now.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.