At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
Are you a Civil Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects? We have an exciting career role in our established Water team, based in Basingstoke.
You will work alongside our project managers and lead design engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, supporting various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs and preparation of reports and technical specifications.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects in the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients:
- Thames Water – AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and ‘Capital Delivery’ infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
- Wessex Water – AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
- Severn Trent Water – AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water’s new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects is building rapidly.
You will join our technical discipline team and wider technical practice network, enabling you to build your knowledge, skills and career with like-minded engineers globally.
Minimum Requirements :
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
Preferred Qualifications :Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.