Opportunity for a Document Controller to work with a leading local construction and engineering consultancy. The Belfast office have been appointed to assist in the delivery of a number of civil engineering infrastructure / construction / maintenance projects in Northern Ireland. As Document Controller, you will play a pivotal role in document control and governance of material within the project team.
This is a long term contract position initially but could go permanent for the right candidate. Some remote working will be available in this role.
Your duties as Document Controller will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain electronic document and records management systems including (EDRMS) for Programmes & Projects
- Ensure compliance with paper records management including recording, versioning, filing, storing, archiving and retention /disposal
- Act as first point of contact for Hub project team, liaising with clients , suppliers and other staff at all levels of seniority
- Establish and maintain document and records management system for the project and ensure integration with internal processes and systems
- Provide general office administrative support including; coordinating and organising meetings, workshops and events, ensure all incoming and outgoing documentation is tracked and recorded and scan, copy and issue documents as appropriate
- Provide effective administrative functions for other project teams.
- Monitor and report on compliance of document management processes by others
- Run various reports from EDRMS for project boards
- Support Building Information Management (BIM) development for major projects and maintain data management system
- Assist with financial requisitions, tracking and recording approvals
- Assist with report preparation, including data collation
- Undertake document proof reading / checking and formatting
- Assist with other project document control support as required
- Undertake further training and development as required for the role
- Any other duties as requested
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Experience in a similar Document Controller role within a Civil Engineering / Construction / Maintenance environment, which could include a placement year.
- Third level qualification in a construction related discipline would be desirable but not essential.
- Strong IT skills and experience of using Microsoft Office applications.
If you feel this "Document Controller" role is something you may be interested in please contact Wellington Professional Recruitment for further information.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.