Position: Mechanical Engineering Foreman
Salary £30 – 35K
Purpose of Job
One of our clients is looking to bring in a skilled Mechanical Foreman who will responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of production staff, ensuring that all work is delivered safely on time and within budget. The ideal person would have experience working with a number of different marine vessels doing repair/refit and newbuild.
- Overseeing a multidiscipline team to ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards
- Monitor all employees and contractors to make sure the required Safety standards procedures are being followed.
- Reporting to the general manager any issues on projects.
- Able to read and understand technical drawings
- Be able to check Hours, Materials, consumables and equipment that they are fit for purpose for all jobs.
- Good housekeeping and making sure all workforce is keeping to policies and procedures.
- Must be able to travel between sites to meet with customers to survey work.
- Able to help with any quotations on projects.
- NVQ OR Apprentice trained within the marine industry.
- Able to lead a number of teams.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Be able to deal with all levels up to Management.
- Must be able to travel between sites this may involve going abroad.
- Must be able to interpret technical drawings, schematic parts manuals, diagrams and associated technical data & specifications
If you are interested in this role please give the office a call and ask for the Shipbuilding team.
HSB Technical is working as a recruiter on behalf of its client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.