We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice to join us at our site based in Nottingham. This is a full-time apprenticeship with study release to college. In return, you will receive competitive apprentice pay plus company benefits.
Originally founded as Prosper De Mulder Limited in 1926; SARIA’s UK operations have a market-leading presence in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain.
The Group’s companies manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications. The company has a UK annual turnover approaching £280 million and employs around 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country.
As a Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice, you will join a structured Advanced Apprenticeship programme where you will train to become a fully qualified Mechanical Engineer. You will also be required to undertake additional company training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set needed for the role.
As our Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Dismantling components and equipment
- Diagnosing faults on equipment
- Checking components for serviceability during overall activities
- Repairing and modifying mechanical assemblies
- Assembling mechanical components
- Checking that completed assemblies comply with specifications
- Undertaking additional company training in other disciplines to further develop and complement a full skill set needed for the role
What we’re looking for in our Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice:
- Minimum grade C in GCSE Maths, English, Science and another technical subject, or equivalent
- An enthusiastic individual with a flexible approach to their work
- A keen desire to progress personally and to build a long-term future in an Engineering role
- Accuracy and attention to detail with good literacy and numeracy skills
- An inquisitive and questioning mind and a desire to learn from others
- Good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Closing date: Friday 17th December 2021
If you would like to join us as our Mechanical Engineering Maintenance Apprentice, then apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high volume of CV’s being received.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.