The Sofidel Group
The Sofidel Group is one of the leading manufacturers of paper for hygienic and domestic use worldwide. Established in 1966, the Group has subsidiaries in 12 countries – Italy, Spain, the UK, France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Poland, Hungary, Greece, Romania and the USA – with more than 6,000 employees, net sales of 2,173 million Euros (2020) and a production capacity of over one million tonnes per year (1,428,000 tonnes in 2020). “Regina”, its most well-known brand, is present on almost all the reference markets. Other brands include: Softis, Le Trèfle, Sopalin, Thirst Pockets, KittenSoft, Nalys, Cosynel, Lycke, Nicky, Papernet. A member of the UN Global Compact and the international WWF Climate Savers programme, the Sofidel Group considers sustainability a strategic factor with regards to growth and is committed to reducing its impact on natural capital and maximising social benefits, setting as objective the creation of shared added value for all stakeholders. Sofidel’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction targets to 2030 have been approved by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) as consistent with reductions required to keep warming to well-below 2°C, in line with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Sofidel UK currently have an exciting opportunity for a skilled, ambitious Mechanical Engineer to join our Papermill team. Working Mon - Fri this role has bags of opportunity for growth and learning opportunities. As a Mechanical Engineer your job will be to ensure the effective running of machinery to ensure efficiency of the Plant.
* Attend any mechanical breakdowns and assist with troubleshooting of equipment problems
* Repair and perform preventive maintenance as per established standards and plans
* Perform checks on equipment and operating systems and correct wherever necessary
* Ensure mechanical operations, standards and controls are maintained at high quality
* Complete maintenance care obligations and render assistance in equipment repair as necessary
* Perform quality improvement and cost reduction and productivity as obligated
* Oversee mechanical devices while in operation and listen for complications using accurate testing and measuring instruments
* To take out inoperative parts by disassembling devices with the use specific tools
* Regulate downtime by enlightening production staff on standard preventive maintenance methods
* Maintain records and files if requested
* Participate in emergency on-call duty on a rotational basis and work all shifts flexibly when job demands
* To work on new machinery assembly
* Ensure a high level of housekeeping of the working area is maintained throughout the shift
* Ensure health & safety rules are adhered
Additional Skills / Requirements
* Team player
* Flexiblity to cover shifts as and when required
* Flexibility to be on call out as and when required
Recruiter: Please add EXTERNAL additional requirements here
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.