AMS is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes. On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Electrical Engineer for an initial 6 month contract based in Whitehaven, Cumbria.
Arup are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Arup are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to work on an initial 6 month contract (strong possibility of extension) for our client's nuclear site in Whitehaven, Cumbria (2 days per week on-site minimum).
The Electrical Engineer will be working on a Substation project, responsible for Layouts, Cable Management, HV - up to 11KV, LV for cables, Space management, Containment and ensuring standards are met.
The ideal candidate will come from a Nuclear background but we can also consider other relevant industries
Electrical Engineer Duties:
- Your technical design responsibilities will be varied and interesting; you will be required to provide technical support to feasibility studies, investigations, answer technical queries, project inputs, holistic solution design etc.
- Your expert technical knowledge and holistic, integrated designs will assist in the successful and timely execution of projects.
Electrical Engineer Experience
- Essential: Engineering Standards interoperation, electrical calculations, HV, CC and LV cable routing (on tray, underground, and terminations in to switchboards), space management, termination diagrams and hook ups, SLDs and design to electrical regs 2018.
- AMTECH experience essential
- Desirable: HV earthing design to construction level, street lighting design, cable pulling calcs, 11kV switchboard knowledge and control system design.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model.
If you are interested in applying for this Electrical Engineer position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
At ARUP creating an Inclusive culture is extremely important and the focus is on; Different people, Shared values. Below are their commitments in the recruitment process.
At Arup we believe when talented people collaborate, great things are possible. Arup hires people with proven skills and open minds. We are taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in our purpose to shape a better world. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all backgrounds.
At Arup we are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please speak to our recruitment team and we will work with you to make reasonable adjustments to ensure you can perform at your best.
At Arup we appreciate that everyone's circumstances are different and having the freedom to flex the way we work is essential to our wellbeing. If flexibility matters to you let us know when you apply and we will discuss how this could work in your role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.