My client, a fibre optic company based near Fareham are currently looking for a Production Engineering Technician to join their growing team on permanent basis.
- Support Production Engineering team
- Routine calibration, testing of production equipment
- Basic hands-on maintenance of production equipment
- Maintenance of engineering data (Parts Management, BoMs, routings, specifications, test requirements etc.)
- Development and maintenance of shop floor software systems
- Assist with shop floor layout and production process designs
- Generate production documentation such as assembly instructions
- Document process improvements and instructions
- Provide support and training to technicians and other staff as necessary
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing, planning and optimising work-flow, space requirements and equipment layout
Qualifications and experience:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering qualification (HNC desirable)
- Mechanical aptitude with some Optical / Electronic knowledge
- Ability to independently determine best approach to assigned tasks and manage workload
- Understanding manufacturing processes, engineering, scientific and other technical information
To apply please send a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.